A random drawing will choose the discussion leader for chapter discussions. The people listed as responsible are all required to have detailed notes for the chapter. I will collect the notes from each of you at the end of the discussion. If you want to keep a copy, visit a copier before class.
Chapter Date Responsible 2 1/25 Hatcher, Lim, Maynard 3 1/30 Bansal, Hyatt, Presgrave 4 2/6 Chakraborty 5 2/13 Hatcher, Lim, Maynard 6 2/20 Bansal, Hyatt 7 2/27 Presgrave, Maynard 8 3/6 Chakraborty, Hatcher, Lim 9 3/20 Hyatt, Maynard, Presgrave 10 3/22 Bansal, Hyatt 11 3/29 Hatcher, Lim 12 4/12 Chakraborty, Hyatt, Presgrave 13 4/19 Bansal, Hatcher, Lim, Maynard
We will devise a travel DDDAS that predicts whether or not a traveler will get from airport A to airport B through airports C, D, ... within a reasonable window in time. Alternative routes, including using other air carriers will be assessed. The goal is to advise the traveler in time so that he or she can change the reservations to a flight plan that works within the window in time.
Please go here to download the data transfer utilities.
I would like the class to provide a detailed report of what the DDDAS is, how it is designed, how it works, and how it might work if completed in the future. The report is due by 5:30pm on May 3 in CVS. The report should be sufficiently clear and comprehensive so that another group of people could, if necessary, pick up your project and continue it.
Each of you should write a single section (with your name on it) describing what you did in the project. There should be a single comprehensive final report from all of you. In your section, provide the following information:
- A description including background material, citations to literature and/or other projects that are related, and motivation.
- What your contribution provides to the overall DDDAS.
- Gory details about implementation if appropriate (data structures, algorithm and/or code outlines, data sources, etc.).
- What works by May 1.
- What is left to be done after May 1.
- What should be included if this DDDAS was to become a commercial effort or product (these two are not necessarily identical).
- Anything else relevant that I forgot to list here.
Let me recommend the following:
- Put your sections in CVS in the directory cs689-final (which now exists) as separate files (e.g., sec2-divya.doc).
- Create an outline in a file (say, Report.doc) with the section titles and who is doing each section.
- There should be an Introduction and a Conclusions section that is jointly written. In these sections you can describe what the DDDAS is and offer final comments.
- Assemble the final document as a group on May 2-3.
The final report (PDF, .5 MB) is 46 pages.