Model a Tsunami situtation as the waves crash together and go ashore. You should allocate different parts of the project to different members of the class based on background, abilities, and interest. You should have a written document that I can review on Tuesdays throughout the project. In particular, you need to
- Pick a mathematical model.
- Pick a discretization method.
- Write a quick, simple code in Matlab.
- Write a parallel code for the HP Superdome using either MPI or OpenMP in C or Fortran.
- Visualize the calculation.
>Obviously, you would need a long time to do this at a professional level. You do not have the needed time, so you will have to take a number of shortcuts.
In the end, the class (as a group) should turn in
- A report (cf., Sports Lighting project) detailing what you did, the choices, why you made the choices you did, and numerical results.
- Working codes (Matlab and C/Fortran)